Clarksonesque Challenge
Okay, the next Clarkson-esque challenge is upon us... what is the Clarkson-esque challenge I hear you ask? I don't really, I'm not even imagining that people are reading this it's just more of a stream of consciousness as an outlet for me but hey-ho..
There is the inspiration for the Clarkson-esque:
Top Gear making a boat from a car. lunacy! they also have competitions with budgets to get the fastest or most efficient second hand car - all great fun.
The first one was held in 2008, here's the first thread: good times.
That year was "won" by Tim O'Donnell that explorer was awesome, I got to try it at IGF that year, light and great sounding.
So, this year, I've got a squier strat neck, some ropey sperzel locking tuners, a Wilkinson wv6 trem, a Rothwell Hot Little Knob that didn't work in my Suhr Classic, a nut, and a mind to make me a strat ;)
After deliberation and some false starts thanks to ebay; a Cort strat copy mis-advertised as a Cort G200 (which isn't strat shaped or loaded with mighty mite pickups) and a distracting Antoria Star maker (1970s would I really want to mod it?) I've got a £21 squier body and I've nearly got all the kit ready for the start day of 1/3/12.
I've decided that I'm going to fit Squier pickups to begin with to come in under cost but as an enhancement after the competition I'll be dropping in some Jess Louiero's and comparing the HLK with the two sets. But that's some time around April or May... I want to get a Hipshot B-Bender for my tele too.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home