Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Day #2

We're not starting till Sunday but I've continued to mouse things together. Today a chrome humbucker cover for £1 off ebay. So no need to plate anything.. score one for the environment :) .. I'll stick the screw top slugs in etch and see if I can get some cool effect.

I've had a total absolute corker of a brain-wave about the finish on the guitar and I can assure you this will be kept under wraps for a while ;) I hope it doesn't disappoint ;)

Also checked out D-tuners to see if they could be retrofitted to a Tele.. seems Tele's D-tuner comes in the shape of a Sperzel Head with a thumb lever. About £39 from the states so out of the question :(

I've decided if I can afford it I'm having a 3 barrel bridge and drilling holes for the strings to be top loaded.. that way I can experiment with mixtures of through body and top loaded to get a different tone... that's a Dale Erweine Trick BTW ;)

I'm off into the garage now to see if I've that uncut graphite nut I bought for £1 in Middlesbrough in 1994.

Left to research:
1) Wiring for super switch
2) Wiring for dummy coil
3) EVH D-Tuner
4) Varitone options

1 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger frankus said...

Oh note to self see if there's a way of making something similar to an electro-socket.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home