£100, 1 month, 1 guitar
I was thinking the other night... what I thought was it'd be fun to have a competition to make a guitar in a short time frame with a very finite amount of money.
I've got an expensive strat... it's great, I've got a mid range 335 copy it's cool too... I've not got any really cheap shag-nasty guitars these days and that needs correcting.
So the competition is this: make a guitar in one month with one hundred pounds or less. I'm not entirely clear of the details but ... you know how it is these things often fall apart long before time anyway ;)
My current plan is to take a cheap tele copy:
remove the lacquer from the neck,
apply tung oil to the neck,
fret-dress,
roll the fretboard corners,
sort out the nut,
something witty on the headstock,
repaint the body with some house-hold paints,
replace the neck pickup with a humbucker
use the neck pickup as a dummy coil
get a super switch,
coil tap the humbucker
replace the tone control for a complete cut-out type
flip the controls so the selector is at the back and the tone is in the middle.
But... that's the plan, but we all know what happens to plans ;)
So far my competitors/comrades are:
TTony
Timmy_O

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home