Race day 3 - Waiting.
So I've collected the guitar... sanded it mostly and found the body is a composite and rather weird.. 2 parts dark heavy wood and 1 part soft wood.. the soft wood on the bass side away from the cavities.
I've sanded a curve on the headstock as I think tele headstocks are very much part of the fretboard (go behind the nut and bend) a proper shaped tele headstock should invite you to do that.
Now I wait for the parts to arrive and I'll be honest I'm crap at waiting.. I day dream and todays castles in the sky were brake pressing all the components and turning the rest on a lathe.. also seasoning the woods myself ... brass Feitenized nuts and scratchplates... oh and bakelite scratch plates.
Bakerlite
Guitar based Bakelite discussion
Doesn't look like Bakelite is an option, a real shame ..as it's authentic but heavy.
Tortoise shell then ... it's made from tortoise shells though :S
How about recycling a 33 1/3 from the charity shop? Hmm.... we've got some trnas resin floating about I might think about adding dies to it... hmmm mmmm.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home